Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yesterday I drove

from Rio Piedras to Winston Churchill Ave. 4, almost 5 mile. Took the highway. Scary! Scary!

My husband kept telling me to go faster. "We're gonna get hit! Go faster! Ahhh!"

And I was struggling to remain in the correct lane, what with the potholes and the places where the lanes are not even marked. Also, I suspect I am losing my sight and we were doing this at 4am.

The important thing is we survived.

I told the gals at work: "If you found the traffic heavier than usual, it might have been caused by the trail of chaos, mayhem and destruction I left on my wake as I DROVE TO WORK TODAY!"

They cheered for my achievement a bit, predicted I would be a regular Road Warrior Queen in no time, and were quite insistent in that it was about time.

Then, one of the bosses got on my case about my use of negatives in speech. Metaphysics and such, Connie Melendez, Silverio Perez and the seven dwarves. She said that negative thinking poisons the mind, even in jest.

Well, shoot me! That puts a handicap in my communication skills.

I suppose at the second round I'll be leaving behind me a trail of rainbows, cherubs and purring kitties in my wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment