Friday, June 5, 2009

Am I going blind?

I first noticed something wrong on January 2008, when I got my apprentice driver's licence. When they show you the E's facing different directions. I aced that test, got my 20/20's but I had to strain for it.

I never had to strain before.

Now, since at least this January I have been sort of suspecting I am not seeing clearly. I do not pay much attention to my surroundings anyways, and the loss was mostly on far things, so I was not overly worried. Then the fuzzyness crept nearer and I got the hibbi-jibies.

Now I can deduce what traffic signs say, because of the shape of the words, but the letters themselves are too unfocused to be deciphered. I have trouble seeing things that my bespectacled co-workers say: "Daaamn, woman! And you say you can't see that?"

I can't imagine anything worse than losing my sight. I am a reader. I would die!
And yes, I am aware there is a certain thing called Braille, but I would have to learn to read all over again, and meanwhile I would not be able to read.

Also, I have not yet seen an ophthalmologist. I have an appointment for July, it was the soonest I could get.

I am probably drowning in a glass of water. I have no blindness in my family, on either side. Still, I am anxious.

Maybe this is my body telling me not to drive.....

JUST KIDDING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment