Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Will you think I am crazy if I told you that...


I am already planning my costume for Halloween.

I never got the chance to dress up for Halloween when I was a kid. I was raised Catholic, and our priest got into a hissy fit every year around the end on October.
Then I went to college, and I didn't dress up because I was t
oo broke/tired.
Later I married my Beloved Tormentor, who is squarely on the " Halloween=Satanism" side of the board. He won't take me anywhere to party on that particular date.
All of my former workplaces were anti-dress up. It made no sense to get a costume if I could not parade around in it for a while...

Then I got my current job, and they allow costumes for all positions that do not face the customers. Yay for being the Call Dispatch!

I was a geisha.

I am pretty happy with the costume, even though I never got even NEAR duplicating the geisha look. It cost me more than any of the dresses I actually wear once in a while, but this was my first Halloween and it was worth it.

Heh, I even got the wood geta and the tabi socks!

Man, I had fun.

For this year I am thinking, Chun Li. The cheonsang should not be outside my small capabilities as seamstress. I will have to modify it so that the slits don't show as much leg, but it is very doable.



No comments:

Post a Comment