Sunday, July 19, 2009

Update on the driving thingie...

I drove all the way to Pinones Beach. Long winding road, not as bad as I was told. At the end of the two hour drive, I was staying on my own lane consistently. Next class, I will be learning how to change lanes.

The next class is scheduled for next saturday, but I think I will have to postpone it. Both the ophtalmologyst and the optometrist said I would need at least a week to readjust distances after I got the glasses, so I don't think that is a good time to start messing with cars. "Objects may appear closer than they are." Damn.

The optometrist lady told me what the prescription meant. Will post it here when I figure out what it all means.

She said I have to wear the glasses all the time. But there are places in the net that say you can exercise the iris muscles or something like that, and fix part of the problem. And since my sight loss started so suddenly, I am willing to try. I get the glasses, of course, but I will also stare at objects at various distances in the vague hope that they will start to go into focus.

Anyways, that's how things stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment