Monday, July 27, 2009

just a minor step towards crazy-cat-lady-hood...

Near the deli where I have breakfast almost every morning likes a kitty.A street kitty, hungry and sad. it broke my heart evry day but I did nothin because I was scared of looking stupid.
then, the other day, the kitty sat on the steps of the deli, tremblig there and looking so hungry that I had to get him some food. I went to the counter and asked the lady for some diced ham for the kitty.
and she said no.
the store policy is to not feed the cat so that it won't hang around the shop.
there is a friking cat dying slowly in front of their shop, and their policy is to let it die.
I was so furious I could have spat at her. I am quite sure it showed in my face.
I resolved right then and there to carry a small amount of dry cat food to feed the kitty, and any hungry-looking kitty, whenever I felt like it.
and that's what i'm doing. carrying cat food everywhere in the hope of feeding stray cats.
I sort of knew it would happen eventually. I already wore the prerequisite cat hair layer in all my clothes.i have more photos of cats than family members in my computer. And I baby-talk to my cat, sure sign of impending cat-crazyness.
Still, this one kinda sneaked on to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment