Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Been working myself to exahustion



There are changes afoot Corporate World, and a new computer program has
been pushed on us with all the finesse of a junky whore.

We have had training 4 hours every day, while at the same time running the
business, adjusting to a plethora of crises, a move to a new building, etc. I have been working 12 to 13 hours, just to try and catch up with the
workload. And I can testify that my work schedule is not the most extreme
by far. The people with children had to bring their kids to work, and park
them in a room with TV while they worked. Fed them something convenient and unhealthy, and for homework, you're on your own, buddy. They were there
when I came in, and were still there when I left...

But it is not enough, not nearly; the work multiplies in your absence, in 
your presence, it makes no difference, really. You work in crisis management mode, trying to give the best service possible to the customers, when you have to ignore them for 4.5 hours everyday, on the good days, to train in
the new system (which sucks, btw. It creates more work for us, while not
saving us any work), and try to learn the ropes of the damn thing as well as you can, since the PowersThatBe are adamant that we have to do this.

Our job performance is suffering. My mechanics have needs I can no longer afford to help them with. And the customers are pissed off at our neglect, so we've received some flack on that side as well. 

So, after all of that, we are told that the developers complained that we lacked commitment. Of all the things to say, "commitment"! We lack resources, manpower, more training... Commitment has not been lacking at all.

I cannot imagine a more demotivating thing to say.

If I have been giving this much already, and it is dismissed just like that
, do they really expect me to try harder?

I've started having nightmares about work again.


No comments:

Post a Comment