Tuesday, December 15, 2009




Holy Shit, a whole month without posting!



No wonder I felt like I really ought to come around.






Family news, there are two new babies in the family and one of them is mine.



Not the one of the human variety, thank the goddesses in their mercy.



That one belongs to one cousin who totally screwed up with the wrong sort of guy and ended up pregnant.



But babies are a blessing in whatever fashion they choose to come so welcome to the family, little Dylan.



My cousin called me the other day to ask if I would like to be Dylan's godmother. Of course I would!!!! I would be his fairy godmother, and would spoil him like the cute, cute little monster he is.



Except, I got out of the Catholic religion at about 14, so I never made it to the Confirmation, so I can't.



Would it be exceedingly hypocritical of me if I took a confirmation in a religion I don't believe anymore, just for the sake of being a fairy godmother?



Had to tell my cousin to call my eldest sister and ask her. She too got out of the Catholic religion a long time ago, but she had sense enough to get Confirmed.






And regarding my baby, I went to the West side of the island to meet tiny Dylan and see how my cousin was doing and if she needed anything I could provide her. (A User's Manual, maybe?) While we were there, her mother-in-law came by and dropped a bag with a tiny, tiny orphan kitteh. Husband and I decided to try and raise it. It was so small that one of its eyes was still closed, and the nails were out all the time.

The cat behind her is my husband. ;-)

Back then she was also too little to know what gender she was, so we discussed a few options.

If it had been a boy, I would have called it Gateau Mocha, which means coffee cake, and sounds like "gato", cat in Spanish. Loved the pun, totally intended.

But turned out it was a girl, so her name is Tira Misu. Remains in the candy theme, and incorporates the name Misu, which is the standart name for a cat around here. And when I say standard, I mean it is practically obligatory. You would never call a dog Misu, and if you say the name Misu, everyone knows you have a cat.

Here she is, just one week after.

I don't have any more recent photos, but she is now in full battle mode, using us as stairs for the places she can't reach, playing with Kojiro, and all around being a crazy kitteh.

Crazy thing is, instead of thinking less about Simba, I am thinking more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment